Monday, April 1, 2013

The Magic of Making Up - Does it Stand Up to the Hype?

I will admit that The Magic of Making Up is one of the most popular relationship books out there right now. It has helped many couples get back together and the advice given makes sense…it is logical and easy to follow. Common sense will tell you that the information given would be effective in repairing a broken relationship and bringing back a husband, wife, boyfriend or girlfriend that has strayed or decided to end a relationship.


Now, I am not here to completely write off T. W Jackson’s Magic of Making Up as an effective resource for you to use to win your spouse or boyfriend or girlfriend back but I am here to say that I don’t feel that it lives up to all the hype given to it. I found the information rudimentary and I wasn’t surprised by the content since these were all thoughts that I had soon after a relationship of my own ended. I admit that some of the tips that Mr Jackson includes in his book were helpful but nothing that I didn’t already know or find effective in building my relationship with my girlfriend over the years….little things that I had noticed that helped us to work through rough patches over the years or things that I found to be effective in building that “connection” with her.


The thing that The Magic of Making Up has going for it is that it is a simply laid out plan that one can use to rebuild your relationship. There are no sneaky games to be played or psychological tricks. It is a no nonsense game plan that nobody will feel guilty for implementing. This is the problem with many of the other relationship repair guides out there presently. Many use psychological “hot buttons” in an attempt to drive your wayward mate back to you and many people have a problem ethically with using such tools to their advantage…at least knowingly. It is a fact though that many women use games during not only the period directly after a breakup and also during the dating phase of a relationship to drive men wild. This is a fact that many women will admit to only in the confidence of their closest friends…sorry ladies. I have many female friends who freely admit this. It is also a fact that many men play games, although their motives are notoriously less admirable. For these men I have the least amount of respect since a woman’s motives tend to be for a relationship and men use this fact to their advantage.


So my point is that if you are looking for something that is easy and “doable” for just about anyone as a ‘first response” attempt to win back your ex, The Magic of Making Up might be what you’re looking for. If, on the other hand, you are desperate and in dire need of something powerful to win back your boyfriend of girlfriend, perhaps another resource would be better suited for you. Think first about what direction you want to go and how “up front” you want to be with your mate as far as winning them back. As we discussed, neither path is wrong or unethical. It is all about where your comfort zone is and how comfortable you feel with stepping outside of what you feel comfortable in doing.



The Magic of Making Up - Does it Stand Up to the Hype?

No comments:

Post a Comment