Thursday, March 21, 2013

Book Review - I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

I’d been looking for a book like this for 20 years. I had it in my Amazon shopping cart for 5 years and never pulled the trigger. I should have. It’s an excellent book.


I’m the curious type who’s scientific background is at odds with my desire for absolute faith. I’m a skeptic. I want to know why I believe something, not just because someone told me to. The Christian apologetics books are just what I need. It’s sort of a meshing of science and religious beliefs.


What I like about this book is that it shows you all the options and through logical process of elimination brings you to the conclusion that Christ is the answer. Ok, that’s the conclusion I got. I suppose you could have a different one after reading it, but after reviewing the facts it was hard for me to come up with anything else.


My faith is in a constant state of unrest. This book has brought me peace and comfort, hopefully for a very long time. I will need to reread it several times in order to grasp everything, but I ended it knowing that they had shown me what I needed to see using logic and reason. No more “just because I say so.” They start off from the very beginning assuming that you may not even believe in any kind of truth.


It leads you through the logical steps of finding Christianity and explains how that compares to the other major religions of the world. Who know there were so many and how diverse they were? Mono, poly and pantheisms. So many variations on the theme yet in the end I was led straight to Christ. I already considered myself a Christian, but one without a firm foundation. I feel I’m standing on a much sturdier platform now.


For $10 at amazon it’s worth a read if you’re in my position.



Book Review - I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist

No comments:

Post a Comment