Sunday, March 31, 2013

Evocative and Beautiful Journey Through Italy

Piedmont is the region of Italy that my family and I live in. We believe it to be the most beautiful region of Italy and one of the most beautiful and magical places on earth.


Perhaps fortunately it remains a region that is little discovered by tourists – both foreign and Italian. Here is a region where you will have the little square and alleyways of medieval hill towns all to your self, explore fabulous markets with only the locals for company and explore places that have remained relatively unchanged for centuries. Saluzzo and Montiglio are just two of the gems of this region awaiting discovery.


Many of my friends and family in the USA and UK ask me to describe this special corner of Italy to them and I do my best. However help is at hand – a beautiful book was published a few years ago that literally transports you to this part of Italy. It is a book that through words and photos helps you discover this region that I love so much.


Autumn in Piemonte: Food and Travels in Italy’s Northwest


An absolutely beautiful book, the author is both poet and cook, brilliantly evoking atmosphere and sharing Piedmont’s great recipes and food. The photos are exceptional and together with the passionate writing of the author they will have you longing to follow in her footsteps. I particularly loved the chapters on le Langhe and the one on the Gourmet University which must surely be unique. My favourite of this selection of books on Piedmont.


For more on this and other books and my insiders guide to Italy visit:



Evocative and Beautiful Journey Through Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment